Scrabble word: EFFACE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EFFACE exist?
Definitions of EFFACE in dictionaries:
- verb - remove completely from recognition or memory
- verb - make inconspicuous
- verb - remove by or as if by rubbing or erasing
- To rub or wipe out; erase.
- To make indistinct as if by rubbing: “Five years’ absence had done nothing to efface the people’s memory of his firmness” (Alan Moorehead).
- To conduct (oneself) inconspicuously: “When the two women went out together, Anna deliberately effaced herself and played to the dramatic Molly” (Doris Lessing).
- verb - to rub or wipe out