Scrabble word: DEFY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEFY exist?
Definitions of DEFY in dictionaries:
- verb - resist or confront with resistance
- verb - elude, especially in a baffling way
- verb - challenge
- To oppose or resist with boldness and assurance: defied the blockade by sailing straight through it.
- To refuse to submit to or cooperate with: defied the court order by leaving the country; played his trumpet past midnight, defying the neighbors.
- To be unaffected by; resist or withstand: “So the plague defied all medicines” (Daniel Defoe).
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to confront boldly and courageously”: an innovator defying tradition; bearded the power of the king; braving all criticism; challenged the opposition to produce proof; daring him to deny the statement; faced her accusers; front death with dignity.
- verb - to resist openly and boldly