Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: DEFY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEFY exist?
Definitions of DEFY in dictionaries:
- verb - resist or confront with resistance
- verb - elude, especially in a baffling way
- verb - challenge
- To oppose or resist with boldness and assurance: defied the blockade by sailing straight through it.
- To refuse to submit to or cooperate with: defied the court order by leaving the country; played his trumpet past midnight, defying the neighbors.
- To be unaffected by; resist or withstand: “So the plague defied all medicines” (Daniel Defoe).
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to confront boldly and courageously”: an innovator defying tradition; bearded the power of the king; braving all criticism; challenged the opposition to produce proof; daring him to deny the statement; faced her accusers; front death with dignity.
- verb - to resist openly and boldly
There are 4 letters in DEFY: D E F Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DEFY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DEFY plus a wildcard: DEFY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DEFY
Images for DEFY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.