Scrabble word: AUGUR
In which Scrabble dictionary does AUGUR exist?
Definitions of AUGUR in dictionaries:
- noun - (ancient Rome) a religious official who interpreted omens to guide public policy
- verb - indicate by signs
- verb - predict from an omen
- One of a group of ancient Roman religious officials who foretold events by observing and interpreting signs and omens.
- A seer or prophet; a soothsayer.
- To predict, especially from signs or omens; foretell.
- To serve as an omen of; betoken: trends that augur change in society.
- To make predictions from signs or omens.
- To be a sign or omen: A smooth dress rehearsal augured well for the play.
- verb - to foretell from omens