Scrabble word: ALKALI
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALKALI exist?
Definitions of ALKALI in dictionaries:
- noun - any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water
- noun - a mixture of soluble salts found in arid soils and some bodies of water
- A carbonate or hydroxide of an alkali metal, the aqueous solution of which is bitter, slippery, caustic, and characteristically basic in reactions.
- Any of various soluble mineral salts found in natural water and arid soils.
- Alkali metal.
- adj - a type of chemical compound [n -LIES or -LIS] : ALKALIC