Scrabble word: YOKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does YOKE exist?
Definitions of YOKE in dictionaries:
- noun - fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment
- noun - an oppressive power
- noun - two items of the same kind
- noun - a pair of draft animals joined by a yoke
- noun - support consisting of a wooden frame across the shoulders that enables a person to carry buckets hanging from each end
- noun - a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
- noun - stable gear that joins two draft animals at the neck so they can work together as a team
- verb - become joined or linked together
- verb - link with or as with a yoke
- verb - put a yoke on or join with a yoke
- A crossbar with two U-shaped pieces that encircle the necks of a pair of oxen or other draft animals working together.
- A bar used with a double harness to connect the collar of each horse to the pole of a wagon or coach.
- A frame designed to be carried across a person’s shoulders with equal loads suspended from each end.
- A crossbar on a ship’s rudder to which the steering cables are connected.
- A clamp or vise that holds a machine part in place or controls its movement or that holds two such parts together.
- A piece of a garment that is closely fitted, either around the neck and shoulders or at the hips, and from which an unfitted or gathered part of the garment is hung.
- Something that connects or joins together; a bond or tie.
- A series of two or more magnetic recording heads fastened securely together for playing or recording on more than one track simultaneously.
- Any of various emblems of subjugation, such as a structure made of two upright spears with a third laid across them, under which conquered enemies of ancient Rome were forced to march in subjection.
- The condition of being subjugated by or as if by a conqueror; subjugation or bondage: 14th-century Russia under the Tartar yoke; the yoke of drug addiction.
- To fit or join with a yoke.
- To harness a draft animal to.
- To harness (a draft animal) to a vehicle or an implement.
- To join securely as if with a yoke; bind: partners who were yoked together for life.
- To become joined securely.
- verb - to fit with a yoke (a wooden frame for joining together draft animals)
There are 4 letters in YOKE: E K O Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to YOKE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word YOKE plus a wildcard: YOKE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word YOKE
Images for YOKE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.