Scrabble word: YOKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does YOKE exist?
Definitions of YOKE in dictionaries:
- noun - fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment
- noun - an oppressive power
- noun - two items of the same kind
- noun - a pair of draft animals joined by a yoke
- noun - support consisting of a wooden frame across the shoulders that enables a person to carry buckets hanging from each end
- noun - a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
- noun - stable gear that joins two draft animals at the neck so they can work together as a team
- verb - become joined or linked together
- verb - link with or as with a yoke
- verb - put a yoke on or join with a yoke
- A crossbar with two U-shaped pieces that encircle the necks of a pair of oxen or other draft animals working together.
- A bar used with a double harness to connect the collar of each horse to the pole of a wagon or coach.
- A frame designed to be carried across a person’s shoulders with equal loads suspended from each end.
- A crossbar on a ship’s rudder to which the steering cables are connected.
- A clamp or vise that holds a machine part in place or controls its movement or that holds two such parts together.
- A piece of a garment that is closely fitted, either around the neck and shoulders or at the hips, and from which an unfitted or gathered part of the garment is hung.
- Something that connects or joins together; a bond or tie.
- A series of two or more magnetic recording heads fastened securely together for playing or recording on more than one track simultaneously.
- Any of various emblems of subjugation, such as a structure made of two upright spears with a third laid across them, under which conquered enemies of ancient Rome were forced to march in subjection.
- The condition of being subjugated by or as if by a conqueror; subjugation or bondage: 14th-century Russia under the Tartar yoke; the yoke of drug addiction.
- To fit or join with a yoke.
- To harness a draft animal to.
- To harness (a draft animal) to a vehicle or an implement.
- To join securely as if with a yoke; bind: partners who were yoked together for life.
- To become joined securely.
- verb - to fit with a yoke (a wooden frame for joining together draft animals)