Scrabble word: WHIRL
In which Scrabble dictionary does WHIRL exist?
Definitions of WHIRL in dictionaries:
- noun - confused movement
- noun - the shape of something rotating rapidly
- noun - a usually brief attempt
- noun - the act of rotating rapidly
- verb - turn in a twisting or spinning motion
- verb - cause to spin
- verb - flow in a circular current, of liquids
- verb - revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis
- verb - fly around
- To revolve rapidly about a center or an axis.
- To rotate or spin rapidly: The dancer whirled across the stage.
- To turn rapidly, changing direction; wheel: She whirled around to face him.
- To have the sensation of spinning; reel: My head is whirling with data.
- To move circularly and rapidly in varied, random directions: The wind whirled across the steppes.
- To cause to rotate or turn rapidly: whirl a baton.
- To move or drive in a circular or curving course.
- To drive at high speed: whirled the motorcycle around the corner.
- To hurl.
- The act of rotating or revolving rapidly.
- Something, such as a cloud of dust, that whirls or is whirled.
- A state of confusion; tumult.
- A swift succession or round of events: the social whirl.
- A state of mental confusion or giddiness; dizziness: My head is in a whirl.
- A short trip or ride.
- A brief or experimental try: Let’s give the plan a whirl.
- verb - to revolve rapidly