Scrabble word: WHIFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does WHIFF exist?
Definitions of WHIFF in dictionaries:
- noun - a short light gust of air
- noun - a lefteye flounder found in coastal waters from New England to Brazil
- noun - a strikeout resulting from the batter swinging at and missing the ball for the third strike
- verb - perceive by inhaling through the nose
- verb - drive or carry as if by a puff of air
- verb - strike out by swinging and missing the pitch charged as the third
- verb - smoke and exhale strongly
- verb - utter with a puff of air
- A slight, gentle gust of air; a waft: a whiff of cool air.
- A brief, passing odor carried in the air: a whiff of perfume.
- A minute trace: “Humanity is unregenerable and hates the language of conformity, since conformity has a whiff of the inhuman about it” (Anthony Burgess).
- An inhalation, as of air or smoke: Take a whiff of this pipe.
- A strikeout.
- To be carried in brief gusts; waft: puffs of smoke whiffing from the chimney.
- To swing at and miss a ball or puck.
- To strike out.
- To blow or convey in whiffs.
- To inhale through the nose; sniff: a dog whiffing the air.
- verb - to blow or convey with slight gusts of air