Scrabble word: WAX
In which Scrabble dictionary does WAX exist?
Definitions of WAX in dictionaries:
- noun - any of various substances of either mineral origin or plant or animal origin
- verb - cover with wax
- verb - go up or advance
- verb - increase in phase
- Any of various natural, oily or greasy heat-sensitive substances, consisting of hydrocarbons or esters of fatty acids that are insoluble in water but soluble in most organic solvents.
- A solid plastic or pliable liquid substance, such as ozocerite or paraffin, originating from petroleum and found in rock layers and used in paper coating, as insulation, in crayons, and often in medicinal preparations.
- A preparation containing wax used for polishing floors and other surfaces.
- A resinous mixture used by shoemakers to rub on thread.
- A phonograph record.
- Made of wax: a wax candle.
- To coat, treat, or polish with wax.
- To make a phonograph record of.
- To increase gradually in size, number, strength, or intensity.
- To show a progressively larger illuminated area, as the moon does in passing from new to full.
- To grow or become as specified: “could afford... to wax sentimental over their heritage” (John Simon).
- adj - to coat with wax (a natural, heat-sensitive substance) [v -ED, -ING, -ES] : WAXABLE