Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: PUFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does PUFF exist?
Definitions of PUFF in dictionaries:
- noun - a short light gust of air
- noun - a light inflated pastry or puff shell
- noun - exaggerated praise (as for promotional purposes)
- noun - bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
- noun - a soft spherical object made from fluffy fibers
- noun - thick cushion used as a seat
- noun - a slow inhalation (as of tobacco smoke)
- noun - forceful exhalation through the nose or mouth
- verb - smoke and exhale strongly
- verb - suck in or take (air)
- verb - breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
- verb - make proud or conceited
- verb - praise extravagantly
- verb - speak in a blustering or scornful manner
- verb - to swell or cause to enlarge, "Her faced puffed up from the drugs"
- verb - blow hard and loudly
- adj - gathered for protruding fullness
- A short, forceful exhalation of breath.
- A short, sudden gust of wind.
- A brief, sudden emission of air, vapor, or smoke.
- A short, sibilant sound produced by a puff.
- An amount of vapor, smoke, or similar material released in a puff.
- An act of drawing in and expelling the breath, as in smoking tobacco.
- A swelling or rounded protuberance.
- Puff pastry.
- A light, soft pad for applying powder or lotion.
- A gathered, protruding portion of fabric.
- A light, padded bed covering.
- An approving or flattering recommendation.
- A piece of writing, as on the jacket of a book, containing often exaggerated praise, used for promotional purposes.
- A localized region of swelling in certain chromosomes indicating the active synthesis of DNA and RNA.
- To blow in puffs.
- To come forth in puffs: steam puffing from an engine.
- To breathe forcefully and rapidly: huffed and puffed up the stairs.
- To emit puffs.
- To take puffs on smoking material: puffing on a cigar.
- To swell or seem to swell, as with pride or air.
- To emit or give forth in puffs.
- To impel with puffs.
- To smoke (a cigar, for example).
- To inflate or distend.
- To fill with pride or conceit.
- To publicize with often exaggerated praise: publishers who puff their new books.
- verb - to blow in short gusts
There are 4 letters in PUFF: F F P U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PUFF
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PUFF plus a wildcard: PUFF?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PUFF
Images for PUFF
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.