Scrabble word: POLL
In which Scrabble dictionary does POLL exist?
Definitions of POLL in dictionaries:
- noun - an inquiry into public opinion conducted by interviewing a random sample of people
- noun - the top of the head
- noun - the part of the head between the ears
- noun - a tame parrot
- noun - the counting of votes (as in an election)
- verb - get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- verb - vote in an election at a polling station
- verb - get the votes of
- verb - convert into a pollard
- The casting and registering of votes in an election.
- The number of votes cast or recorded.
- Often polls.
- A survey of the public or of a sample of public opinion to acquire information.
- The head, especially the top of the head where hair grows.
- The blunt or broad end of a tool such as a hammer or an ax.
- To receive (a given number of votes).
- To receive or record the votes of: polling a jury.
- To cast (a vote or ballot).
- To question in a survey; canvass.
- To cut off or trim (hair, horns, or wool, for example); clip.
- To vote at the polls in an election.
- verb - to question for the purpose of surveying public opinion