Scrabble word: JOLT
In which Scrabble dictionary does JOLT exist?
Definitions of JOLT in dictionaries:
- noun - a sudden jarring impact
- noun - an abrupt spasmodic movement
- verb - move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
- verb - disturb (someone's) composure
- To move or dislodge with a sudden, hard blow; strike heavily or jarringly: jolted his opponent with a heavy punch; an impact that jolted the mailbox loose.
- To cause to move jerkily: stops and starts that jolted the passengers.
- To put into a specified condition by or as if by a blow: “Now and then he jolted a nodding reader awake by inserting a witty paragraph” (Walter Blair).
- To make suddenly active or effective: The remark jolted my memory.
- To proceed in an irregular, bumpy, or jerky fashion.
- A sudden jarring or jerking, as from a heavy blow or an abrupt movement.
- A sudden, strong feeling of surprise or disappointment; a shock.
- The cause of such a feeling: The news came as a jolt.
- A brief strong portion: a jolt of electricity; a jolt of whiskey.
- verb - to jar or shake roughly