Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: HOOK
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOOK exist?
Definitions of HOOK in dictionaries:
- noun - a catch for locking a door
- noun - a sharp curve or crook
- noun - anything that serves as an enticement
- noun - a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- noun - a curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something
- noun - a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer
- noun - a short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent
- noun - a basketball shot made over the head with the hand that is farther from the basket
- verb - fasten with a hook
- verb - rip off
- verb - make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle
- verb - hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left
- verb - take by theft
- verb - make off with belongings of others
- verb - hit with a hook
- verb - catch with a hook
- verb - to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- verb - secure with the foot
- verb - entice and trap
- verb - approach with an offer of sexual favors
- A curved or sharply bent device, usually of metal, used to catch, drag, suspend, or fasten something else.
- A fishhook.
- A curved or barbed plant or animal part.
- A short angled or curved line on a letter.
- A sickle.
- A sharp bend or curve, as in a river.
- A point or spit of land with a sharply curved end.
- A means of catching or ensnaring; a trap.
- A means of attracting interest or attention; an enticement: a sales hook.
- A catchy motif or refrain: “sugary hard rock melodies [and] ear candy hooks” (Boston Globe).
- A short swinging blow in boxing delivered with a crooked arm.
- A golf stroke that sends the ball to the left of a right-handed player or to the right of a left-handed player.
- In surfing, the lip of a breaking wave.
- A curve ball.
- A hook shot.
- To catch, suspend, or connect with a hook.
- To snare.
- To fasten by or as if by a hook.
- To pierce or gore with or as if with a hook.
- To take strong hold of; captivate: a novel that hooked me on the very first page.
- To cause to become addicted.
- To make (a rug) by looping yarn through canvas with a type of hook.
- To hit with a hook in boxing.
- To hit (a golf ball) in a hook.
- To pitch (a ball) with a curve.
- To shoot (a ball) in a hook shot.
- To bend like a hook.
- To fasten by means of a hook or a hook and eye.
- To work as a prostitute.
- To assemble or wire (a mechanism).
- To connect a mechanism and a source of power.
- To form a tie or connection: hooked up with the wrong crowd.
- verb - to catch with a hook (a bent piece of metal)
There are 4 letters in HOOK: H K O O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HOOK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HOOK plus a wildcard: HOOK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HOOK
Images for HOOK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.