Scrabble word: HOOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOOD exist?
Definitions of HOOD in dictionaries:
- noun - an aggressive and violent young criminal
- noun - a protective covering that is part of a plant
- noun - (slang) a neighborhood
- noun - a tubular attachment used to keep stray light out of the lens of a camera
- noun - (falconry) a leather covering for a hawk's head
- noun - metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes
- noun - the folding roof of a carriage
- noun - a headdress that protects the head and face
- noun - protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine
- noun - (zoology) an expandable part or marking that resembles a hood on the head or neck of an animal
- verb - cover with a hood
- A loose pliable covering for the head and neck, either attached to a robe or jacket or separate.
- An ornamental draping of cloth hung from the shoulders of an academic or ecclesiastical robe.
- A sack placed over a falcon’s head to keep the bird quiet.
- A metal cover or cowl for a hearth or stove.
- A carriage top.
- The hinged metal lid over the engine of a motor vehicle.
- An expanded part, crest, or marking on or near the head of an animal.
- A hoodlum; a thug.
- A young tough.
- verb - to furnish with a hood (a covering for the head)