Scrabble word: HIGH
Is HIGH valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of HIGH in dictionaries:
- noun - a lofty level or position or degree
- noun - an air mass of higher than normal pressure
- noun - a state of sustained elation
- noun - a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics
- noun - a high place
- noun - a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12
- noun - a forward gear with a gear ratio that gives the greatest vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
- adj - greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount
- adj - (literal meaning) being at or having a relatively great or specific elevation or upward extension (sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high')
- adj - standing above others in quality or position
- adj - used of sounds and voices
- adj - happy and excited and energetic
- adj - (used of the smell of meat) smelling spoiled or tainted
- adj - slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana)
- adv - at a great altitude
- adv - in or to a high position, amount, or degree
- adv - in a rich manner
- adv - far up toward the source
- Having a relatively great elevation; extending far upward: a high mountain; a high tower.
- Extending a specified distance upward: a cabinet ten feet high.
- Being at or near the peak or culminating stage: the high tourist season; high summer.
- Advanced in development or complexity: high forms of animal life; higher mathematics.
- Far removed in time; remote: high antiquity.
- Slightly spoiled or tainted; gamy.
- Having a bad smell; malodorous.
- Having a pitch corresponding to a relatively large number of sound-wave cycles per second: the high tones of a flute.
- Raised in pitch; not soft or hushed: a high voice.
- Situated relatively far from the equator: a high latitude.
- Of great importance: set a high priority on funding the housing program.
- Eminent in rank or status: a high official.
- Serious; grave: high crimes and misdemeanors.
- Constituting a climax; crucial: The chase scene is the high point of the film.
- Characterized by lofty or stirring events or themes: high adventure; high drama.
- Lofty or exalted in quality or character: a person of high morals.
- Greater than usual or expected, as in quantity, magnitude, cost, or degree: “A high price has to be paid for the happy marriage with the four healthy children” (Doris Lessing).
- Favorable: He has a high opinion of himself.
- Of great force or violence: high winds.
- Indicating excitement or euphoria: high spirits.
- Luxurious; extravagant: high living.
- Of or relating to vowels produced with part of the tongue close to the palate, as in the vowel of tree.
- Of, relating to, or being the gear configuration or setting, as in an automotive transmission, that produces the greatest vehicular speed with respect to engine speed.
- At, in, or to a lofty position, level, or degree: saw a plane high in the sky; prices that had gone too high.
- In an extravagant or luxurious way: made a fortune and lived high.
- A lofty place or region.
- A lofty level or degree: Summer temperatures reached an all-time high.
- The high gear configuration of a transmission.
- A center of high atmospheric pressure; an anticyclone.
- An intoxicated or euphoric condition induced by or as if by a drug.
- In a position of helplessness; stranded: went off and left me high and dry.
- Out of water.
- High in the sky.
- In heaven.
- These adjectives mean extending to a greater than usual height.
- adj - reaching far upward
- noun - a high level
There are 4 letters in HIGH: G H H I
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HIGH
Click to search all anagrams of HIGH plus a wildcard: HIGH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HIGH
Images for HIGH
Lookup in Wiki for HIGH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.