Scrabble word: HAWK
In which Scrabble dictionary does HAWK exist?
Definitions of HAWK in dictionaries:
- noun - diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- noun - an advocate of an aggressive policy on foreign relations
- noun - a square board with a handle underneath
- verb - sell or offer for sale from place to place
- verb - hunt with hawks
- verb - clear mucus or food from one's throat
- Any of various birds of prey of the order Falconiformes and especially of the genera Accipiter and Buteo, characteristically having a short, hooked bill and strong claws adapted for seizing.
- Any of various similar birds of prey.
- A person who preys on others; a shark.
- One who demonstrates an actively aggressive or combative attitude, as in an argument.
- A person who favors military force or action in order to carry out foreign policy.
- To hunt with trained hawks.
- To swoop and strike in the manner of a hawk: “It was fun to watch the scattered snail kites... lifting and falling in the wind as they hawked across the shining grass and water” (Peter Matthiessen).
- To peddle goods aggressively, especially by calling out.
- To clear or attempt to clear the throat by or as if by coughing up phlegm.
- verb - to travel about selling wares