Scrabble word: HAWK
In which Scrabble dictionary does HAWK exist?
Definitions of HAWK in dictionaries:
- noun - diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- noun - an advocate of an aggressive policy on foreign relations
- noun - a square board with a handle underneath
- verb - sell or offer for sale from place to place
- verb - hunt with hawks
- verb - clear mucus or food from one's throat
- Any of various birds of prey of the order Falconiformes and especially of the genera Accipiter and Buteo, characteristically having a short, hooked bill and strong claws adapted for seizing.
- Any of various similar birds of prey.
- A person who preys on others; a shark.
- One who demonstrates an actively aggressive or combative attitude, as in an argument.
- A person who favors military force or action in order to carry out foreign policy.
- To hunt with trained hawks.
- To swoop and strike in the manner of a hawk: “It was fun to watch the scattered snail kites... lifting and falling in the wind as they hawked across the shining grass and water” (Peter Matthiessen).
- To peddle goods aggressively, especially by calling out.
- To clear or attempt to clear the throat by or as if by coughing up phlegm.
- verb - to travel about selling wares
There are 4 letters in HAWK: A H K W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HAWK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HAWK plus a wildcard: HAWK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HAWK
Images for HAWK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.