Scrabble word: FOOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOOD exist?
Definitions of FOOD in dictionaries:
- noun - any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue
- noun - any solid substance (as opposed to liquid) that is used as a source of nourishment
- noun - anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
- Material, usually of plant or animal origin, that contains or consists of essential body nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals, and is ingested and assimilated by an organism to produce energy, stimulate growth, and maintain life.
- A specified kind of nourishment: breakfast food; plant food.
- Nourishment eaten in solid form: food and drink.
- Often used to modify another noun: food allergies; food additives.
- adj - a substance taken into the body to maintain life and growth [n -S] : FOODLESS