Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: FLUSH
In which Scrabble dictionary does FLUSH exist?
Definitions of FLUSH in dictionaries:
- noun - the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- noun - a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- noun - sudden brief sensation of heat (associated with menopause and some mental disorders)
- noun - a poker hand with all 5 cards in the same suit
- noun - the swift release of a store of affective force
- noun - a sudden rapid flow (as of water)
- noun - sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty)
- verb - turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame
- verb - flow freely
- verb - glow or cause to glow with warm color or light
- verb - make level or straight
- verb - rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid
- verb - irrigate with water from a sluice
- verb - cause to flow or flood with or as if with water
- adj - of a surface exactly even with an adjoining one, forming the same plane
- adj - having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value
- adv - squarely or solidly
- adv - in the same plane
- To turn red, as from fever, embarrassment, or strong emotion; blush.
- To glow, especially with a reddish color: The sky flushed pink at dawn.
- To flow suddenly and abundantly, as from containment; flood.
- To be emptied or cleaned by a rapid flow of water, as a toilet.
- To cause to redden or glow.
- To excite or elate: The negotiators were flushed with the success of their final meeting.
- To clean, rinse, or empty with a rapid flow of a liquid, especially water: flush a toilet; flush a wound with iodine.
- To remove or eliminate by or as if by flushing: “The weakness in demand and productivity will at least... flush out some of the inflation premium that has been built into interest rates” (Fortune).
- A flooding flow or rush, as of water.
- The act of cleaning or rinsing by or as if by flushing.
- A blush or glow: “here and there a flush of red on the lip of a little cloud” (Willa Cather).
- A reddening of the skin, as with fever, emotion, or exertion.
- A brief sensation of heat over all or part of the body.
- A rush of strong feeling: He felt a flush of pride as he watched his children.
- A state of freshness or vigor.
- Having a healthy reddish color; flushed.
- Having an abundant supply of money; affluent.
- Marked by abundance; plentiful: flush times resulting from the oil boom.
- Swelling; overflowing: rivers flush with the spring rains.
- Having surfaces in the same plane; even.
- Aligned evenly with a margin, as along the left or right edge of a typeset page; not indented.
- Direct, straightforward, or solid: knocked out by a flush blow to the jaw.
- Designed to be emptied or cleaned by flushing: a flush toilet.
- So as to be even, in one plane, or aligned with a margin.
- Squarely or solidly: The ball hit him flush on the face.
- A hand in which all the cards are of the same suit but not in numerical sequence, ranked above a straight and below a full house in poker.
- To frighten (a game bird, for example) from cover.
- To dart out or fly from cover.
- adj - having a healthy, reddish color
- adj - of the color of blood
- verb - to put in order
There are 5 letters in FLUSH: F H L S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FLUSH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FLUSH plus a wildcard: FLUSH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FLUSH
Images for FLUSH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.