Scrabble word: FAWN
In which Scrabble dictionary does FAWN exist?
Definitions of FAWN in dictionaries:
- noun - a color or pigment varying around a light grey-brown color
- noun - a young deer
- verb - show submission or fear
- verb - try to gain favor by cringing or flattering
- verb - have fawns
- To exhibit affection or attempt to please, as a dog does by wagging its tail, whining, or cringing.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to curry favor by behaving obsequiously and submissively”: fawned on her superior; students apple-polishing the teacher; bootlicked to get a promotion; lawyers kowtowing to a judge; slavered over his rich uncle; toadying to members of the occupation force; nobles truckling to the king.
- A young deer, especially one less than a year old.
- A grayish yellow brown to light grayish or moderate reddish brown.
- verb - to seek notice or favor by servile demeanor