Scrabble word: FANCY
In which Scrabble dictionary does FANCY exist?
Definitions of FANCY in dictionaries:
- noun - something many people believe that is false
- noun - a kind of imagination that was held by Coleridge to be more casual and superficial than true imagination
- noun - a predisposition to like something
- verb - imagine
- verb - have a fancy or particular liking or desire for
- adj - not plain
- The mental faculty through which whims, visions, and fantasies are summoned up; imagination, especially of a whimsical or fantastic nature.
- An image or a fantastic invention created by the mind.
- A capricious notion; a whim.
- A capricious liking or inclination.
- Critical sensibility; taste.
- Amorous or romantic attachment; love.
- The enthusiasts or fans of a sport or pursuit considered as a group.
- The sport or pursuit, such as boxing, engaging the interest of such a group.
- Highly decorated: a fancy hat.
- Arising in the fancy; capricious.
- Executed with skill; complex or intricate: the fancy footwork of a figure skater.
- Excessive or exorbitant: paid a fancy price for the car.
- Bred for unusual qualities or special points.
- To visualize; imagine: “She tried to fancy what the flame of a candle looks like after the candle is blown out” (Lewis Carroll).
- To take a fancy to; like.
- To suppose; guess.
- adv - ornamental [adj -CIER, -CIEST] : FANCILY
- verb - to take a liking to