Scrabble word: DUCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does DUCK exist?
Definitions of DUCK in dictionaries:
- noun - small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs
- noun - (cricket) a score of nothing by a batsman
- noun - flesh of a duck (domestic or wild)
- noun - a heavy cotton fabric of plain weave
- verb - to move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away
- verb - submerge or plunge suddenly
- verb - dip into a liquid
- verb - avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- Any of various wild or domesticated swimming birds of the family Anatidae, characteristically having a broad, flat bill, short legs, and webbed feet.
- A female duck.
- The flesh of a duck used as food.
- A person, especially one thought of as peculiar.
- A dear.
- To lower quickly, especially so as to avoid something.
- To evade; dodge: duck responsibility; ducked the reporter’s question.
- To push suddenly under water.
- To deliberately play a card that is lower than (an opponent’s card).
- To lower the head or body.
- To move swiftly, especially so as to escape being seen: ducked behind a bush.
- To submerge the head or body briefly in water.
- To evade a responsibility or obligation.
- To lose a trick by deliberately playing lower than one’s opponent.
- A quick lowering of the head or body.
- A plunge into water.
- A durable, closely woven heavy cotton or linen fabric.
- An amphibious military truck used during World War II.
- An amphibious truck used in emergencies, as to evacuate flood victims.
- verb - to lower quickly