Scrabble word: DOCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does DOCK exist?
Definitions of DOCK in dictionaries:
- noun - an enclosure in a court of law where the defendant sits during the trial
- noun - any of certain coarse weedy plants with long taproots, sometimes used as table greens or in folk medicine
- noun - a platform built out from the shore into the water and supported by piles
- noun - a platform where trucks or trains can be loaded or unloaded
- noun - landing in a harbor next to a pier where ships are loaded and unloaded or repaired
- noun - the solid bony part of the tail of an animal as distinguished from the hair
- noun - a short or shortened tail of certain animals
- verb - come into dock
- verb - deprive someone of benefits, as a penalty
- verb - deduct from someone's wages
- verb - remove or shorten the tail of an animal
- verb - maneuver into a dock
- The area of water between two piers or alongside a pier that receives a ship for loading, unloading, or repairs.
- A pier; a wharf.
- A platform at which trucks or trains load or unload cargo.
- To maneuver (a vessel or vehicle) into or next to a dock.
- To couple (two or more spacecraft, for example) in space.
- The solid or fleshy part of an animal’s tail.
- The tail of an animal after it has been bobbed or clipped.
- To clip short or cut off (an animal’s tail, for example).
- To deprive of a benefit or a part of one’s wages, especially as a punishment: The company docks its employees for unauthorized absences.
- To withhold or deduct a part from (one’s salary or wages).
- An enclosed place where the defendant stands or sits in a court of law.
- verb - to bring into a dock (a wharf)