Scrabble word: DENY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DENY exist?
Definitions of DENY in dictionaries:
- verb - declare untrue
- verb - refuse to accept or believe
- verb - refuse to grant, as of a petition or request
- verb - refuse to let have
- verb - deny oneself (something)
- verb - deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
- verb - refuse to recognize or acknowledge
- To declare untrue; contradict.
- To refuse to believe; reject.
- To refuse to recognize or acknowledge; disavow.
- To decline to grant or allow; refuse: deny the student’s request; denied the prisoner food or water.
- To give a refusal to; turn down or away: The protesters were determined not to be denied.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to refuse to admit the existence, truth, or value of”: denied the rumor; contradicted the statement; contravene a conclusion; disaffirm a suggestion; trying to gainsay the evidence; negate reality; negatived the allegations; traverse an indictment.
- verb - to declare to be untrue