Scrabble word: AWAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does AWAY exist?
Definitions of AWAY in dictionaries:
- adj - not present
- adj - used of an opponent's ground
- adj - (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter
- adv - from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete)
- adv - from one's possession
- adv - out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts)
- adv - out of existence
- adv - at a distance in space or time
- adv - indicating continuing action
- adv - so as to be removed or gotten rid of
- adv - freely or at will
- adv - in or into a proper place (especially for storage or safekeeping)
- adv - in a different direction
- adv - in reserve
- From a particular thing or place: ran away from the lion; sent the children away to boarding school.
- At or to a distance in space or time: We live a block away from the park.
- At or by a considerable interval: away back in the 17th century; away off on the horizon.
- In a different direction; aside: glanced away.
- On the way: We want to get away early in the day.
- In or into storage or safekeeping: put the toys away; jewels locked away in a safe.
- Out of existence or notice: The music faded away.
- So as to remove, separate, or eliminate: chipped the paint away; cleared away the debris.
- From one’s possession: gave the tickets away.
- Continuously; steadily: toiled away at the project for more than a year.
- Freely; at will: Fire away! — adj.
- Absent: The neighbors are away.
- Distant, as in space or time: The city is miles away.
- Played on an opponent’s field or grounds: an away game.
- Out: bases loaded, with two away.
- adv - from a certain place