Scrabble word: AWAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does AWAY exist?
Definitions of AWAY in dictionaries:
- adj - not present
- adj - used of an opponent's ground
- adj - (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter
- adv - from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete)
- adv - from one's possession
- adv - out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts)
- adv - out of existence
- adv - at a distance in space or time
- adv - indicating continuing action
- adv - so as to be removed or gotten rid of
- adv - freely or at will
- adv - in or into a proper place (especially for storage or safekeeping)
- adv - in a different direction
- adv - in reserve
- From a particular thing or place: ran away from the lion; sent the children away to boarding school.
- At or to a distance in space or time: We live a block away from the park.
- At or by a considerable interval: away back in the 17th century; away off on the horizon.
- In a different direction; aside: glanced away.
- On the way: We want to get away early in the day.
- In or into storage or safekeeping: put the toys away; jewels locked away in a safe.
- Out of existence or notice: The music faded away.
- So as to remove, separate, or eliminate: chipped the paint away; cleared away the debris.
- From one’s possession: gave the tickets away.
- Continuously; steadily: toiled away at the project for more than a year.
- Freely; at will: Fire away! — adj.
- Absent: The neighbors are away.
- Distant, as in space or time: The city is miles away.
- Played on an opponent’s field or grounds: an away game.
- Out: bases loaded, with two away.
- adv - from a certain place
There are 4 letters in AWAY: A A W Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to AWAY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word AWAY plus a wildcard: AWAY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word AWAY
Images for AWAY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.