Scrabble word: WOOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does WOOD exist?
Definitions of WOOD in dictionaries:
- noun - the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
- noun - the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- noun - United States film actress (1938-1981)
- noun - English conductor (1869-1944)
- noun - English writer of novels about murders and thefts and forgeries (1814-1887)
- noun - United States painter noted for works based on life in the Midwest (1892-1942)
- noun - any wind instrument other than the brass instruments
- noun - a golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots
- The secondary xylem of trees and shrubs, lying beneath the bark and consisting largely of cellulose and lignin.
- This tissue, often cut and dried especially for use as building material and fuel.
- A woodwind.
- A golf club used to hit long shots, having a wooden head numbered one to five in order of increasing loft.
- To fuel with wood.
- To gather or be supplied with wood.
- Made or consisting of wood; wooden.
- Free of a difficult or hazardous situation; in a position of safety or security.
- Mentally unbalanced; insane.
- verb - to furnish with wood (the hard, fibrous substance beneath the bark of a tree or shrub)