Scrabble word: WAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does WAIL exist?
Definitions of WAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a cry of sorrow and grief
- verb - emit long loud cries
- verb - cry weakly or softly
- To grieve or protest loudly and bitterly; lament.
- To lament over; bewail.
- A long, loud, high-pitched cry, as of grief or pain.
- A long, loud, high-pitched sound: the wail of a siren.
- A loud, bitter protest: A wail of misery went up when new parking restrictions were announced.
- verb - to utter a long, mournful cry