Scrabble word: VALUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VALUE exist?
Definitions of VALUE in dictionaries:
- noun - a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed
- noun - the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
- noun - the amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else
- noun - relative darkness or lightness of a color
- noun - (music) the relative duration of a musical note
- noun - an ideal accepted by some individual or group
- verb - fix or determine the value of
- verb - hold dear
- verb - regard highly
- verb - evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- verb - estimate the value of
- An amount, as of goods, services, or money, considered to be a fair and suitable equivalent for something else; a fair price or return.
- Monetary or material worth: the fluctuating value of gold and silver.
- Worth in usefulness or importance to the possessor; utility or merit: the value of an education.
- A principle, standard, or quality considered worthwhile or desirable: “The speech was a summons back to the patrician values of restraint and responsibility” (Jonathan Alter).
- Precise meaning or import, as of a word.
- An assigned or calculated numerical quantity.
- The relative duration of a tone or rest.
- The relative darkness or lightness of a color: “I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values—dark, medium... and light” (Joe Hing Lowe).
- The sound quality of a letter or diphthong.
- One of a series of specified values: issued a stamp of new value.
- To determine or estimate the worth or value of; appraise.
- To regard highly; esteem.
- To rate according to relative estimate of worth or desirability; evaluate: valued health above money.
- To assign a value to (a unit of currency, for example).
- verb - to estimate the value (the quality that renders a thing useful or desirable) of