Scrabble word: QUARRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUARRY exist?
Definitions of QUARRY in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence
- noun - a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate
- noun - animal hunted or caught for food
- verb - extract (something such as stones) from or as if from a quarry
- A hunted animal; prey.
- Hunted animals considered as a group; game.
- An object of pursuit: The police lost their quarry in the crowd.
- An open excavation or pit from which stone is obtained by digging, cutting, or blasting.
- A rich or productive source: found the book an indispensable quarry of information.
- To obtain (stone) from a quarry, as by cutting, digging, or blasting.
- To extract (facts, for example) by long, careful searching: finally quarried out the genealogy from hundreds of sources.
- To use (land) as a quarry.
- A square or diamond shape.
- A pane of glass having this shape.
- verb - to dig stone from an excavation