Scrabble word: PULL
In which Scrabble dictionary does PULL exist?
Definitions of PULL in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of pulling
- noun - the force used in pulling
- noun - special advantage or influence
- noun - a device used for pulling something
- noun - a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
- noun - a slow inhalation (as of tobacco smoke)
- noun - a sustained effort
- verb - cause to move by pulling
- verb - direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes
- verb - move into a certain direction
- verb - apply force so as to cause motion towards the source of the motion
- verb - perform an act, usually with a negative connotation
- verb - bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover
- verb - steer into a certain direction
- verb - strain abnormally
- verb - cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense
- verb - operate when rowing a boat
- verb - rein in to keep from winning a race
- verb - tear or be torn violently
- verb - hit in the direction that the player is facing when carrying through the swing
- verb - strip of feathers
- verb - remove, usually with some force or effort
- verb - take sides with
- verb - take away
- To apply force to so as to cause or tend to cause motion toward the source of the force.
- To remove from a fixed position; extract: The dentist pulled the tooth.
- To tug at; jerk or tweak.
- To rip or tear; rend.
- To stretch (taffy, for example) repeatedly.
- To strain (a muscle, for example) injuriously.
- To attract; draw: a performer who pulls large crowds.
- To draw out (a weapon) in readiness for use: pull a gun; pulled a knife on me.
- To remove: pulled the engine; pulled the tainted meat product from the stores.
- To hit (a ball) in the direction one is facing when the swing is carried through.
- To operate (an oar) in rowing.
- To transport or propel by rowing.
- To be rowed by: That boat pulls six oars.
- To rein in (a horse) to keep it from winning a race.
- To produce (a print or an impression) from type.
- To exert force in moving something toward that force.
- To drink or inhale deeply: pulled on the cold beer with gusto; pull on a cigarette.
- To row a boat.
- To express or feel great sympathy or empathy: We’re pulling for our new President.
- The act or process of pulling.
- Force exerted in pulling or required to overcome resistance in pulling.
- A sustained effort: a long pull across the mountains.
- Something, such as a knob on a drawer, that is used for pulling.
- A deep inhalation or draft, as on a cigarette or of a beverage.
- A means of gaining special advantage; influence: The lobbyist has pull with the senator.
- Ability to draw or attract; appeal: a star with pull at the box office.
- To move away or backward; withdraw: The limousine pulled away from the curb.
- To move ahead: The horse pulled away and took the lead in the race.
- To demolish; destroy: pull down an old office building.
- To reduce to a lower level.
- To depress, as in spirits or health.
- To draw (money) as wages: pulls down a hefty salary.
- To arrive at a destination: We pulled in at midnight.
- To rein in; restrain.
- To perform in spite of difficulties or obstacles; bring off: pulled off a last-minute victory.
- To leave or depart: The train pulls out at noon.
- To withdraw, as from a situation or commitment: After the crash, many Wall Street investors pulled out.
- To bring a vehicle to a stop at a curb or at the side of a road: We pulled over to watch the sunset.
- To instruct or force (a motorist) to bring his or her vehicle to a stop at a curb or at the side of a road: The state trooper pulled the speeding motorist over.
- To bring or come to a halt.
- To play a trick or perpetrate a fraud.
- verb - to exert force in order to cause motion toward the force
There are 4 letters in PULL: L L P U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PULL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PULL plus a wildcard: PULL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PULL
Images for PULL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.