Scrabble word: LOOK
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOOK exist?
Definitions of LOOK in dictionaries:
- noun - the feelings expressed on a person's face
- noun - the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually
- noun - physical appearance
- noun - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- verb - perceive with attention
- verb - give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect
- verb - have a certain outward or facial expression
- verb - search or seek
- verb - be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point
- verb - take charge of or deal with
- verb - convey by one's expression
- verb - look forward to the probable occurrence of
- verb - accord in appearance with
- verb - have faith or confidence in
- To employ one’s sight, especially in a given direction or on a given object: looking out the window; looked at the floor.
- To search: We looked all afternoon but could not find it.
- To turn one’s glance or gaze: looked to the right.
- To turn one’s attention; attend: looked to his neglected guitar during vacation.
- To turn one’s expectations: looked to us for a solution.
- To face in a specified direction: The cottage looks on the river.
- To turn one’s eyes on: looked him in the eye.
- To convey by one’s expression: looked annoyance at the judge; looked his devotion to me.
- To have an appearance of conformity with: He looks his age.
- To appear to be: looked the fool in one version of the story.
- The act or instance of looking: I took just one look and I was sure.
- A gaze or glance expressive of something: gave her a mournful look.
- Appearance or aspect: a look of great age.
- A distinctive, unified manner of dress or fashion: the preferred look for this fall.
- To search for; seek: looking for my gloves.
- To expect: Look for a change of weather in March.
- To expect: He looked to hear from her.
- To seem about to; promise to: “an ‘Action Program,’ which... looked to reduce tariffs on over 1,800 items” (Alan D.
- To search for and find, as in a reference book.
- To visit: look up an old friend.
- To be critical or suspicious of something one has received without expense.
- verb - to use one's eyes in seeing