Scrabble word: JACK
In which Scrabble dictionary does JACK exist?
Definitions of JACK in dictionaries:
- noun - a small worthless amount
- noun - a man who serves as a sailor
- noun - someone who works with their hands
- noun - immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit
- noun - a small ball at which players aim in lawn bowling
- noun - an electrical device consisting of a connector socket designed for the insertion of a plug
- noun - game equipment consisting of one of several small six-pointed metal pieces that are picked up while bouncing a ball in the game of jacks
- noun - small flag indicating a ship's nationality
- noun - one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a young prince
- noun - tool for exerting pressure or lifting
- noun - any of several fast-swimming predacious fishes of tropical to warm temperate seas
- noun - male donkey
- verb - lift with a special device
- verb - hunt with a jacklight
- A man; a fellow.
- One who does odd or heavy jobs; a laborer.
- J Games.
- A game played with a set of small six-pointed metal pieces and a small ball, the object being to pick up the pieces in various combinations.
- One of the metal pieces so used.
- A pin used in some games of bowling.
- A usually portable device for raising heavy objects by means of force applied with a lever, screw, or hydraulic press.
- A wooden wedge for cleaving rock.
- A support or brace, especially the iron crosstree on a topgallant masthead.
- A small flag flown at the bow of a ship, usually to indicate nationality.
- The male of certain animals, especially the ass.
- Any of several food and game fishes of the family Carangidae, found in tropical and temperate seas.
- A jackrabbit.
- A socket that accepts a plug at one end and attaches to electric circuitry at the other.
- To hunt or fish for with a jacklight: hunters illegally jacking deer.
- To hoist with a jack: jacked the rear of the car to replace the tire.
- To hunt or fish for quarry by using a jacklight.
- verb - to raise with a type of lever