Scrabble word: HYPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HYPE exist?
Definitions of HYPE in dictionaries:
- noun - blatant or sensational promotion
- verb - publicize in an exaggerated and often misleading manner
- Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion: the hype surrounding the murder trial.
- Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material: “It is pure hype, a gigantic PR job” (Saturday Review).
- An advertising or promotional ploy: “Some restaurant owners in town are cooking up a $75,000 hype to promote New York as ‘Restaurant City, U.
- Something deliberately misleading; a deception: “[He] says that there isn’t any energy crisis at all, that it’s all a hype, to maintain outrageous profits for the oil companies” (Joel Oppenheimer).
- A hypodermic injection, syringe, or needle.
- A drug addict.
- verb - to promote extravagantly