Scrabble word: HAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does HAIL exist?
Definitions of HAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents
- noun - many objects thrown forcefully through the air
- noun - enthusiastic greeting
- verb - praise vociferously
- verb - be a native of
- verb - call for
- verb - greet enthusiastically or joyfully
- verb - precipitate as small ice particles
- Precipitation in the form of pellets of ice and hard snow.
- Something that falls with the force and quantity of a shower of ice and hard snow: a hail of pebbles; a hail of criticism.
- To precipitate in pellets of ice and hard snow.
- To pour (something) down or forth: They hailed insults at me.
- To salute or greet.
- To greet or acclaim enthusiastically: The crowds hailed the boxing champion.
- To signal or call to a passing ship as a greeting or as an identification.
- The act of greeting or acclaiming.
- A shout made to catch someone’s attention or to greet.
- Used to express a greeting or tribute.
- verb - to greet cordially