Scrabble word: GAFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAFF exist?
Definitions of GAFF in dictionaries:
- noun - a sharp metal spike or spur that is fastened to the leg of a gamecock
- noun - a spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail
- noun - an iron hook with a handle
- A large iron hook attached to a pole or handle and used to land large fish.
- A spar attached to the mast and used to extend the upper edge of a fore-and-aft sail.
- A sharp metal spur fastened to the leg of a gamecock.
- A climbing hook used by telephone and electric line workers.
- A trick or gimmick, especially one used in a swindle or to rig a game.
- Harshness of treatment; abuse.
- To hook or land (a fish) using a gaff.
- To equip (a gamecock) with a gaff.
- To take in or defraud; swindle.
- To rig or fix in order to cheat: knew that the carnival games had been gaffed.
- A public place of entertainment, especially a cheap or disreputable music hall or theater.
- verb - to catch a fish with a sharp hook