Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: FIX
In which Scrabble dictionary does FIX exist?
Definitions of FIX in dictionaries:
- noun - informal terms for a difficult situation
- noun - something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug
- noun - the act of putting something in working order again
- noun - an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear
- noun - a determination of the place where something is
- verb - restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
- verb - cause to be firmly attached
- verb - decide upon or fix definitely
- verb - prepare for eating by applying heat
- verb - take vengeance on or get even
- verb - set or place definitely
- verb - kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
- verb - make fixed, stable or stationary
- verb - make infertile
- verb - influence an event or its outcome by illegal means
- verb - put (something somewhere) firmly
- verb - make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
- See Synonyms at fasten.
- To secure to another; attach: fixing the notice to the board with tacks.
- To put into a stable or unalterable form: tried to fix the conversation in her memory.
- To make (a chemical substance) nonvolatile or solid.
- To convert (nitrogen) into stable, biologically assimilable compounds.
- To kill and preserve (a specimen) intact for microscopic study.
- To prevent discoloration of (a photographic image) by washing or coating with a chemical preservative.
- To direct steadily: fixed her eyes on the road ahead.
- To capture or hold: The man with the long beard fixed our attention.
- To set or place definitely; establish: fixed her residence in a coastal village.
- To determine with accuracy; ascertain: fixed the date of the ancient artifacts.
- To agree on; arrange: fix a time to meet.
- To assign; attribute: fixing the blame.
- To correct or set right; adjust: fix a misspelling; fix the out-of-date accounts.
- To restore to proper condition or working order; repair: fix a broken machine.
- To convert (data) from floating-point notation to fixed-point notation.
- To make ready; prepare: fixed the room for the guests; fix lunch for the kids; fixed himself a milkshake.
- To spay or castrate (an animal).
- To take revenge upon; get even with.
- To influence the outcome or actions of by improper or unlawful means: fix a prizefight; fix a jury.
- To direct one’s efforts or attention; concentrate: We fixed on the immediate goal.
- To become stable or firm; harden: Fresh plaster will fix in a few hours.
- To be on the verge of; to be making preparations for.
- The act of adjusting, correcting, or repairing.
- Something that repairs or restores; a solution: no easy fix for an intractable problem.
- The position, as of a ship or aircraft, determined by visual observations with the aid of equipment.
- A clear determination or understanding: a briefing that gave us a fix on the current situation.
- An instance of arranging a special consideration, such as an exemption from a requirement, or an improper or illegal outcome, especially by means of bribery.
- A difficult or embarrassing situation; a predicament.
- An intravenous injection of a narcotic.
- To improve the appearance or condition of; refurbish.
- To provide; equip.
- To provide a companion on a date for: fixed me up with an escort at the last minute.
- verb - to restore to good condition
There are 3 letters in FIX: F I X
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FIX
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FIX plus a wildcard: FIX?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FIX
Images for FIX
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.