Scrabble word: DARK
In which Scrabble dictionary does DARK exist?
Definitions of DARK in dictionaries:
- noun - absence of light or illumination
- noun - absence of moral or spiritual values
- noun - an unilluminated area
- noun - the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
- noun - an unenlightened state
- adj - devoid of or deficient in light or brightness
- adj - (used of color) having a dark hue
- adj - brunet (used of hair or skin or eyes)
- adj - stemming from evil characteristics or forces
- adj - secret
- adj - showing a brooding ill humor
- adj - lacking enlightenment or knowledge or culture
- adj - marked by difficulty of style or expression
- adj - causing dejection
- adj - having skin rich in melanin pigments
- adj - not giving performances
- Lacking or having very little light: a dark corner.
- Lacking brightness: a dark day.
- Reflecting only a small fraction of incident light.
- Of a shade tending toward black in comparison with other shades.
- Having a complexion that is not fair; swarthy.
- Characterized by gloom; dismal: took a dark view of the consequences.
- Sullen or threatening: a dark scowl.
- Difficult to understand; obscure: stories that are large in scope and dark in substance.
- Concealed or secret; mysterious: “the dark mysteries of Africa and the fabled wonders of the East” (W.
- Lacking enlightenment, knowledge, or culture: a dark age in the history of education.
- Exhibiting or stemming from evil characteristics or forces; sinister: “churned up dark undercurrents of ethnic and religious hostility” (Peter Maas).
- Having richness or depth: a dark, melancholy vocal tone.
- Not giving performances; closed: The movie theater is dark on Mondays.
- Absence of light.
- A place having little or no light.
- Night; nightfall: home before dark.
- A deep hue or color.
- In secret: highlevel decisions made in the dark.
- These adjectives indicate the absence of light or clarity.
- adj - having little or no light
There are 4 letters in DARK: A D K R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DARK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DARK plus a wildcard: DARK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DARK
Images for DARK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.