Scrabble word: YOLK
In which Scrabble dictionary does YOLK exist?
Definitions of YOLK in dictionaries:
- noun - the yellow spherical part of an egg that is surrounded by the albumen
- noun - nutritive material of an ovum stored for the nutrition of an embryo (especially the yellow mass of a bird or reptile egg)
- The yellow, usually spherical portion of an egg of a bird or reptile, surrounded by the albumen and serving as nutriment for the developing young.
- A corresponding portion of the egg of other animals, consisting of protein and fat which serve as the primary source of nourishment for the early embryo and protoplasmic substances from which the embryo develops.
- A greasy substance found in unprocessed sheep’s wool.
- adj - the yellow portion of an egg [n -S] : YOLKED