Scrabble word: WHY
In which Scrabble dictionary does WHY exist?
Definitions of WHY in dictionaries:
- noun - the cause or intention underlying an action or situation, especially in the phrase `the whys and wherefores'
- The reason, cause, or purpose for which: I know why you left.
- On account of which; for which: “The reason why [regular verbs] are called regular is that we can predict what all the other three forms are” (Randolph Quirk).
- The cause or intention underlying a given action or situation: studying the whys of antisocial behavior.
- Used to express mild surprise, indignation, or impatience.
- noun - the reason or cause of something