Scrabble word: MYTH
In which Scrabble dictionary does MYTH exist?
Definitions of MYTH in dictionaries:
- noun - a traditional story accepted as history
- A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the world view of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society: the myth of Eros and Psyche; a creation myth.
- Such stories considered as a group: the realm of myth.
- A story, a theme, an object, or a character regarded as embodying an aspect of a culture: a star whose fame turned her into a myth; the pioneer myth of suburbia.
- A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology.
- A fictitious story, person, or thing: “German artillery superiority on the Western Front was a myth” (Leon Wolff).
- noun - a type of traditional story