Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: KEEP
In which Scrabble dictionary does KEEP exist?
Definitions of KEEP in dictionaries:
- noun - the financial means whereby one lives
- noun - the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress
- noun - a cell in a jail or prison
- verb - keep in a certain state, position, or activity
- verb - continue a certain state, condition, or activity
- verb - retain possession of
- verb - stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state
- verb - conform one's action or practice to
- verb - stick to correctly or closely
- verb - look after
- verb - maintain by writing regular records
- verb - supply with room and board
- verb - allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature
- verb - supply with necessities and support
- verb - fail to spoil or rot
- verb - behave as expected during of holidays or rites
- verb - keep under control
- verb - maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
- verb - raise
- verb - retain rights to
- verb - store or keep customarily
- verb - have as a supply
- verb - maintain for use and service
- verb - hold and prevent from leaving
- verb - prevent (food) from rotting
- To retain possession of: kept the change; must keep your equanimity.
- To have as a supply: keep a cord of wood in the shed.
- To provide (a family, for example) with maintenance and support: “There’s little to earn and many to keep” (Charles Kingsley).
- To put customarily; store: Where do you keep your saw? 5.
- To supply with room and board for a charge: keep boarders.
- To raise: keep chickens.
- To maintain for use or service: a city dweller who didn’t keep a car.
- To manage, tend, or have charge of: Keep the shop while I’m away.
- To preserve (food).
- To cause to continue in a state, condition, or course of action: attempted to keep the patient calm.
- To maintain records in: keep a yearly diary.
- To enter (data) in a book: keep financial records.
- To detain: was kept after school.
- To restrain: kept the child away from the hot stove; kept the crowd back with barriers.
- To prevent or deter: tried to keep the ice from melting.
- To refrain from divulging: keep a secret.
- To save; reserve: keep extra money for emergencies.
- To maintain: keep late hours.
- To adhere to; fulfill: keep one’s word; keep a busy schedule.
- To celebrate; observe.
- To remain in a state or condition; stay: keep in line; keep quiet; kept well.
- To continue to do: keep on talking; keep guessing.
- To remain fresh or unspoiled: The dessert won’t keep.
- Care; charge: The child is in my keep for the day.
- The means by which one is supported: earn one’s keep.
- The stronghold of a castle.
- A jail.
- To maintain in good condition: kept up the property.
- To persevere in; carry on: We asked her to stop talking, but she kept up.
- To continue at the same level or pace.
- To match one’s competitors, colleagues, or neighbors in success or lifestyle: unsuccessfully tried to keep up with his associates.
- For an indefinitely long period: gave the ring to me for keeps.
- To stay out of trouble.
- To indicate the correct time.
- To maintain the tempo or rhythm.
- To shun the company of others: She kept to herself all morning.
- These verbs mean to have and maintain in one’s possession or control.
- adj - to continue to possess [v KEPT, KEEPING, KEEPS] : KEEPABLE
There are 4 letters in KEEP: E E K P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to KEEP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word KEEP plus a wildcard: KEEP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word KEEP
Images for KEEP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.