Scrabble word: JAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does JAIL exist?
Definitions of JAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
- verb - lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
- A place for the confinement of persons in lawful detention; a prison.
- Often used to modify another noun: a jail population; jail conditions.
- adj - to put in jail (a place of confinement) [v -ED, -ING, -S] : JAILABLE