Scrabble word: FLUX
In which Scrabble dictionary does FLUX exist?
Definitions of FLUX in dictionaries:
- noun - the rate of flow of energy or particles across a given surface
- noun - a flow or discharge
- noun - a substance added to molten metals to bond with impurities that can then be readily removed
- noun - excessive discharge of liquid from a cavity or organ (as in watery diarrhea)
- noun - a state of uncertainty about what should be done (usually following some important event) preceding the establishment of a new direction of action
- noun - the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
- noun - (physics) the number of changes in energy flow across a given surface per unit area
- noun - in constant change
- verb - move or progress freely as if in a stream
- verb - become liquid or fluid when heated
- verb - mix together different elements
- A flow or flowing.
- A continued flow; a flood.
- The flowing in of the tide.
- The discharge of large quantities of fluid material from the body, especially the discharge of watery feces from the intestines.
- The rate of flow of fluid, particles, or energy through a given surface.
- See flux density.
- The lines of force of a magnetic field.
- Constant or frequent change; fluctuation: “The newness and flux of the computer industry has meant many opportunities for women and minorities” (Connie Winkler).
- Chemistry & Metallurgy.
- A substance applied to a surface to be joined by welding, soldering, or brazing to facilitate the flowing of solder and prevent formation of oxides.
- A mineral added to the metals in a furnace to promote fusing or to prevent the formation of oxides.
- An additive that improves the flow of plastics during fabrication.
- A readily fusible glass or enamel used as a base in ceramic work.
- To melt; fuse.
- To apply a flux to.
- To become fluid.
- To flow; stream.
- adj - to change from a solid to a liquid state by heat [v -ED, -ING, -S] : MELTABLE
There are 4 letters in FLUX: F L U X
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FLUX plus a wildcard: FLUX?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FLUX
Images for FLUX
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.