Scrabble word: CIVIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does CIVIL exist?
Definitions of CIVIL in dictionaries:
- adj - applying to ordinary citizens as contrasted with the military
- adj - not rude
- adj - of or occurring within the state or between or among citizens of the state
- adj - of or relating to or befitting citizens as individuals
- adj - (of divisions of time) legally recognized in ordinary affairs of life
- adj - of or in a condition of social order
- Of, relating to, or befitting a citizen or citizens: civil duties.
- Of or relating to citizens and their interrelations with one another or with the state: civil society; the civil branches of government.
- Of ordinary citizens or ordinary community life as distinguished from the military or the ecclesiastical: civil authorities.
- Of or in accordance with organized society; civilized.
- Being in accordance with or denoting legally recognized divisions of time: a civil year.
- Relating to the rights of private individuals and legal proceedings concerning these rights as distinguished from criminal, military, or international regulations or proceedings.
- noun - a resident of a city or town