Scrabble word: CHAFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHAFF exist?
Definitions of CHAFF in dictionaries:
- noun - material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- noun - foil in thin strips
- verb - be silly or tease one another
- The dry bracts enclosing mature grains of wheat and some other cereal grasses, removed during threshing.
- The scales or bracts borne on the receptacle among the small, individual flowers of many plants in the composite family.
- Finely cut straw or hay used as fodder.
- Trivial or worthless matter.
- Strips of metal, foil, or glass fiber with a metal content, cut into various lengths and having varying frequency responses, that are used to reflect electromagnetic energy as a radar countermeasure.
- To make fun of in a good-natured way; tease.
- verb - to poke fun at