Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: BOOK
In which Scrabble dictionary does BOOK exist?
Definitions of BOOK in dictionaries:
- noun - a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together)
- noun - physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together
- noun - a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone
- noun - a written version of a play or other dramatic composition
- noun - a record in which commercial accounts are recorded
- noun - a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
- noun - a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made
- noun - the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
- noun - the sacred writings of the Christian religions
- noun - a major division of a long written composition
- noun - a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge
- verb - engage for a performance
- verb - arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
- verb - record a charge in a police register
- verb - register in a hotel booker
- A set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers.
- A printed or written literary work.
- A main division of a larger printed or written work: a book of the Old Testament.
- A volume in which financial or business transactions are recorded.
- A libretto.
- The script of a play.
- A set of prescribed standards or rules on which decisions are based: runs the company by the book.
- Something regarded as a source of knowledge or understanding.
- The total amount of experience, knowledge, understanding, and skill that can be used in solving a problem or performing a task: We used every trick in the book to finish the project on schedule.
- A packet of like or similar items bound together: a book of matches.
- A record of bets placed on a race.
- The number of card tricks needed before any tricks can have scoring value, as the first six tricks taken by the declaring side in bridge.
- To list or register in or as if in a book.
- To record charges against (a person) on a police blotter.
- To arrange for (tickets or lodgings, for example) in advance; reserve.
- To hire or engage: The manager booked a magic show for Saturday night.
- To allocate time for.
- To make all possible charges against (a lawbreaker, for example).
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to cause something to be set aside, as for one’s use or possession, in advance”: will book a hotel room; bespoken merchandise; engaged a box for the opera season; reserving a table at a restaurant.
- adj - to engage services [v -ED, -ING, -S] : BOOKABLE
There are 4 letters in BOOK: B K O O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BOOK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BOOK plus a wildcard: BOOK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BOOK
Images for BOOK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.