Scrabble word: A
In which Scrabble dictionary does A exist?
Definitions of A in dictionaries:
- noun - a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron)
- noun - any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision
- noun - one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA
- noun - (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA
- noun - the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- noun - the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
- noun - the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen
- The first letter of the modern English alphabet.
- Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter a.
- The first in a series.
- The best or highest in quality or rank: grade A milk.
- Something shaped like the letter A.
- The sixth tone in the scale of C major or the first tone in the relative minor scale.
- A key or scale in which A is the tonic.
- A written or printed note representing this tone.
- A string, key, or pipe tuned to the pitch of this tone.
- Used before nouns and noun phrases that denote a single but unspecified person or thing: a region; a person.
- Used before terms, such as few or many, that denote number, amount, quantity, or degree: only a few of the voters; a bit more rest; a little excited.
- Used before a proper name to denote a type or a member of a class: the wisdom of a Socrates.
- Used before a mass noun to indicate a single type or example: a dry wine.
- The same: birds of a feather.
- In modern written English, the form a is used before a word beginning with a consonant sound, however it may be spelled (a frog, a university, a euphemism).
- In every; to each; per: once a month; one dollar a pound.
- Have: He’d a come if he could.
- Are (measurement).