Is TRAVERSE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of TRAVERSE in various dictionaries:
- noun - a horizontal beam that extends across something
- noun - a horizontal crosspiece across a window or separating a door from a window over it
- noun - taking a zigzag path on skis
- noun - travel across
- verb - travel across or pass over
- verb - to cover or extend over an area or time period
- verb - deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
- To travel or pass across, over, or through.
- To move to and fro over; cross and recross.
- To go up, down, or across (a slope) diagonally, as in skiing.
- To cause to move laterally on a pivot; swivel: traverse an artillery piece.
- To extend across; cross: a bridge that traverses a river.
- To look over carefully; examine.
- To go counter to; thwart.
- To deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a suit.
- To join issue upon (an indictment).
- To survey by traverse.
- To brace (a yard) fore and aft.
- To move to the side or back and forth.
- To turn laterally; swivel.
- To go up, down, or across a slope diagonally or in a zigzag manner, as in skiing.
- To slide one’s blade with pressure toward the hilt of the opponent’s foil in fencing.
- A passing across, over, or through.
- A route or path across or over.
- An intersecting line; a transversal.
- A structural crosspiece; a transom.
- A gallery, deck, or loft crossing from one side of a building to the other.
- A railing, curtain, screen, or similar barrier.
- A defensive barrier across a rampart or trench, as a bank of earth thrown up to protect against enfilade fire.
- Something that obstructs and thwarts; an obstacle.
- The zigzag route of a vessel forced by contrary winds to sail on different courses.
- A zigzag or diagonal course on a steep slope, as in skiing.
- A lateral movement, as of a lathe tool across a piece of wood.
- A part of a mechanism that moves in this manner.
- The lateral swivel of a mounted gun.
- A line established by sighting in surveying a tract of land.
- A formal denial of the opposing party’s allegation of fact in a suit.
- verb - to pass across or through
There are 8 letters in TRAVERSE: A E E R R S T V
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to TRAVERSE
To search all scrabble anagrams of TRAVERSE, to go: TRAVERSE?
Rearrange the letters in TRAVERSE and see some winning combinations
8 letters out of TRAVERSE
7 letters out of TRAVERSE
6 letters out of TRAVERSE
5 letters out of TRAVERSE
4 letters out of TRAVERSE
3 letters out of TRAVERSE
2 letters out of TRAVERSE
Contextual use of TRAVERSE
What's nearby TRAVERSE
Lookup in Wiki for TRAVERSE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of TRAVERSE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: TRAVERSE"