Is QUARTER valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of QUARTER in various dictionaries:
- noun - one of four equal parts
- noun - a district of a city having some distinguishing character
- noun - (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided
- noun - a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour
- noun - one of four periods into which the school year is divided
- noun - a fourth part of a year
- noun - one of the four major division of the compass
- noun - a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- noun - a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- noun - a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar
- noun - an unspecified person
- noun - the rear part of a ship
- noun - piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- noun - clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent
- verb - provide housing for (military personnel)
- verb - pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
- verb - divide into quarters
- verb - divide by four
- One of four equal parts.
- A coin equal to one fourth of the dollar of the United States and Canada.
- One fourth of an hour; 15 minutes.
- One fourth of a year; three months: Sales were up in the second quarter.
- An academic term lasting approximately three months.
- One fourth of the period of the moon’s revolution around Earth.
- One of the four phases of the moon: the first quarter; the third quarter.
- One of four equal periods of playing time into which some games, such as football and basketball, are divided.
- One fourth of a yard; nine inches.
- One fourth of a mile; two furlongs.
- One fourth of a pound; four ounces.
- One fourth of a ton; 500 pounds.
- A measure of grain equal to approximately eight bushels.
- One fourth of a hundredweight; 25 pounds.
- One fourth of a British hundredweight; 28 pounds.
- One of the four major divisions of the compass.
- One fourth of the distance between any two of the 32 divisions of the compass.
- One of the four major divisions of the horizon as determined by the four major points of the compass.
- A region or an area of the earth thought of as falling into such a specific division of the compass.
- The general direction on either side of a ship located 45 off the stern.
- The upper portion of the after side of a ship, usually between the aftermost mast and the stern.
- The part of a yard between the slings and the yardarm.
- Any of four equal divisions of a shield.
- One leg of an animal’s carcass, usually including the adjoining parts.
- Either side of a horse’s hoof.
- The part of the side of a shoe between the heel and the vamp.
- Often quarters.
- Often Quarter.
- Often quarters.
- Mercy or clemency, especially when displayed or given to an enemy.
- Being one of four equal or equivalent parts.
- Being one fourth of a standard or usual value.
- To divide into four equal or equivalent parts.
- To quartersaw.
- To divide or separate into a number of parts.
- To dismember (a human body) into four parts.
- To divide (a shield) into four equal areas with vertical and horizontal lines.
- To mark or place (holes, for example) a fourth of a circle apart.
- To locate and adjust (one machine part) at right angles to its connecting part within the machine.
- To furnish with housing: quartered the troops in an old factory building.
- To traverse (an area of ground) laterally back and forth while slowly advancing forward.
- To take up or be assigned lodgings.
- When referring to the time of day, the article a is optional in phrases such as (a) quarter to (or of, before, or till) nine; (a) quarter after (or past) ten.
- verb - to divide into four equal parts
There are 7 letters in QUARTER: A E Q R R T U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to QUARTER
To search all scrabble anagrams of QUARTER, to go: QUARTER?
Rearrange the letters in QUARTER and see some winning combinations
7 letters out of QUARTER
6 letters out of QUARTER
5 letters out of QUARTER
4 letters out of QUARTER
3 letters out of QUARTER
2 letters out of QUARTER
Contextual use of QUARTER
What's nearby QUARTER
Lookup in Wiki for QUARTER
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of QUARTER, do not miss the additional links under "More about: QUARTER"