Is LOCK valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of LOCK in various dictionaries:
- noun - a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed
- noun - a strand or cluster of hair
- noun - a mechanism that detonates the charge of a gun
- noun - enclosure consisting of a section of canal that can be closed to control the water level
- noun - a restraint incorporated into the ignition switch to prevent the use of a vehicle by persons who do not have the key
- noun - any wrestling hold in which some part of the opponent's body is twisted or pressured
- verb - fasten with a lock
- verb - keep engaged
- verb - become rigid or immoveable
- verb - hold in a locking position
- verb - become engaged or intermeshed with one another
- verb - hold fast (in a certain state)
- verb - place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape
- verb - pass by means through a lock in a waterway
- verb - build locks in order to facilitate the navigation of vessels
- A device operated by a key, combination, or keycard and used, as on a door, for holding, closing, or securing.
- A section of a waterway, such as a canal, closed off with gates, in which vessels in transit are raised or lowered by raising or lowering the water level of that section.
- A mechanism in a firearm for exploding the charge.
- An interlocking or entanglement of elements or parts.
- A hold in wrestling or self-defense that is secured on a part of an opponent’s body.
- A secure hold or grip: The distributor has a lock on most of the market.
- To fasten the lock of: close and lock a drawer.
- To shut or make secure with or as if with locks: locked the house.
- To confine or exclude by or as if by means of a lock: locked the dog in for the night; locked the criminal up in a cell.
- To fix in place so that movement or escape is impossible; hold fast: The ship was locked in the ice through the winter.
- To sight and follow (a moving target) automatically: locked the enemy fighter in the gun sights.
- To aim (a weapon or other device) at a moving target so as to follow it automatically: “The pilot had locked his targeting radar on the slow-moving frigate” (Ed Magnuson).
- To engage and interlock securely so as to be immobile.
- To clasp or link firmly; intertwine: locked arms and walked away.
- To bind in close struggle or battle: The two dogs were locked in combat.
- To equip (a waterway) with locks.
- To pass (a vessel) through a lock.
- To secure (letterpress type) in a chase or press bed by tightening the quoins.
- To fasten (a curved plate) to the cylinder of a rotary press.
- To invest (funds) in such a way that they cannot easily be converted into cash.
- To end the processing of (a magnetic tape or disk) in such a way as to deny access to its contents.
- To become fastened by or as if by means of a lock: The door locks automatically when shut.
- To become entangled; interlock.
- To become rigid or immobile: The mechanism tends to lock in cold weather.
- To pass through a lock or locks in a waterway.
- A length or curl of hair; a tress.
- Often locks.
- A small wisp or tuft, as of wool or cotton.
- adj - to secure by means of a mechanical fastening device [v -ED, -ING, -S] : LOCKABLE
There are 4 letters in LOCK: C K L O
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to LOCK
To search all scrabble anagrams of LOCK, to go: LOCK?
Rearrange the letters in LOCK and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of LOCK
What's nearby LOCK
Lookup in Wiki for LOCK
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of LOCK, do not miss the additional links under "More about: LOCK"