Is DOUBLE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of DOUBLE in various dictionaries:
- noun - a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
- noun - a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts
- noun - someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
- noun - a quantity that is twice as great as another
- noun - raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2
- verb - increase twofold
- verb - hit a two-base hit
- verb - bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain
- verb - do double duty
- verb - bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
- verb - make or do or perform again
- adj - having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities
- adj - consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs
- adj - twice as great or many
- adj - used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements
- adj - used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
- adj - large enough for two
- adj - having two meanings with intent to deceive
- adv - downward and forward
- adv - two together
- adv - to double the degree
- Twice as much in size, strength, number, or amount: a double dose.
- Composed of two like parts: double doors.
- Composed of two unlike parts; dual: a double meaning; a double role for an actor.
- Accommodating or designed for two: a double bed; a double room.
- Characterized by duplicity; deceitful: speak with a double tongue.
- Something increased twofold.
- One that closely resembles another; a duplicate.
- An actor’s understudy.
- An actor who takes the place of another actor in scenes requiring special skills or preparations: a stunt double; a body double.
- An apparition; a wraith.
- A sharp turn in a direction of movement; a reversal.
- A form of a game, such as tennis or handball, having two players on each side.
- A bid in bridge indicating strength to one’s partner; a request for a bid.
- A bid doubling one’s opponent’s bid in bridge, thus increasing the penalty for failure to fulfill the contract.
- A hand justifying such a bid.
- To make twice as great.
- To be twice as much as: doubled the score of his opponent.
- To fold in two.
- To clench (one’s fist).
- To duplicate; repeat.
- To turn (an enemy spy) into a double agent.
- To cause the scoring of (a run) by hitting a two-base hit.
- To advance or score (a runner) by hitting a two-base hit.
- To put out (a runner) as the second part of a double play.
- To challenge (an opponent’s bid) with a double in bridge.
- To duplicate (another part or voice) an octave higher or lower or in unison.
- To sail around: double a cape.
- To be increased twofold: The debt soon doubled.
- To turn sharply or all the way around; reverse one’s course: had to double back to touch the missed base.
- To serve in an additional capacity: a frying pan that doubles as a pie tin; a conductor who doubles as a pianist.
- To replace an actor in the actor’s absence or in a certain scene.
- To hit a two-base hit.
- To announce a double in bridge.
- To twice the amount or extent; doubly: paid double for the customized car.
- Two together; in pairs: sleeping double.
- In two: bent double.
- To bend suddenly, as in pain or laughter.
- To share accommodations meant for one person.
- In double time.
- verb - to make twice as great
There are 6 letters in DOUBLE: B D E L O U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to DOUBLE
To search all scrabble anagrams of DOUBLE, to go: DOUBLE?
Rearrange the letters in DOUBLE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of DOUBLE
What's nearby DOUBLE
Lookup in Wiki for DOUBLE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of DOUBLE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: DOUBLE"