Is CHECK valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of CHECK in various dictionaries:
- noun - a written order directing a bank to pay money
- noun - an appraisal of the state of affairs
- noun - the bill in a restaurant
- noun - the state of inactivity following an interruption
- noun - additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct
- noun - the act of inspecting or verifying
- noun - a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.
- noun - something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- noun - a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- noun - a textile pattern of squares or crossed lines (resembling a checkerboard)
- noun - the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess
- noun - obstructing an opponent in ice hockey
- noun - (chess) a direct attack on an opponent's king
- verb - examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition
- verb - make an examination or investigation
- verb - be careful or certain to do something
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - stop for a moment, as if out of uncertainty or caution
- verb - put a check mark on or near or next to
- verb - slow the growth or development of
- verb - be verified or confirmed
- verb - be compatible, similar or consistent
- verb - block or impede (a player from the opposing team) in ice hockey
- verb - develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice
- verb - consign for shipment on a vehicle
- verb - hand over something to somebody as for temporary safekeeping
- verb - abandon the intended prey, turn, and pursue an inferior prey
- verb - stop in a chase especially when scent is lost
- verb - mark into squares or draw squares on
- verb - decline to initiate betting
- verb - hold back, as of a danger or an enemy
- verb - place into check
- verb - write out a check on a bank account
- verb - find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
- verb - verify by consulting a source or authority
- verb - arrest the motion (of something) abruptly
- verb - make cracks or chinks in
- verb - become fractured
- An action or influence that stops motion or expression; a restraint: Heavy rains were a check on the army’s advance.
- The condition of being stopped or held back; restraint: kept my temper in check; holding agricultural pests in check with sprays.
- An abrupt stop in forward movement or progress; a halt.
- The act or an instance of inspecting or testing, as for accuracy or quality; examination: the careful check of each unit before sale; gave the car an oil check.
- A standard for inspecting or evaluating; a test.
- A check mark.
- A ticket or slip of identification: a baggage check.
- A bill at a restaurant or bar.
- A chip or counter used in gambling.
- A small crack; a chink.
- A pattern of small squares, as on a chessboard.
- One of the squares of such a pattern.
- A fabric patterned with squares: a dress of pale green check.
- A move in chess that directly attacks an opponent’s king but does not constitute a checkmate.
- The position or condition of a king so attacked.
- The act of blocking or impeding an opponent in control of the puck in ice hockey, either with one’s body or one’s stick.
- Used to declare that a chess opponent’s king is in check.
- Used to express agreement or understanding.
- To arrest the motion of abruptly; halt: checked the flow by shutting a valve.
- To slow the growth of; retard.
- To rebuke; rebuff.
- To inspect so as to determine accuracy, quality, or other condition; test: checked the brakes and lights for defects; checked out the system to make sure there were no errors in the software.
- To verify by consulting a source or authority: checked her facts before speaking; check a spelling in the dictionary.
- To put a check mark on or next to: checked off each item on the shopping list.
- To deposit for temporary safekeeping: checked his coat at the door.
- To consign (luggage, for example) for shipment on a transportation vehicle: checked her bags and boarded the plane.
- To make cracks or chinks in: Sunlight dried and checked the paint.
- To move in chess so as to put (an opponent’s king) under direct attack.
- To block or impede (an opposing player with the puck) in ice hockey by using one’s body or one’s stick.
- To come to an abrupt halt; stop.
- To agree point for point; correspond: The fingerprints checked with the ones on file.
- To be verified or confirmed; pass inspection: The suspect’s story checked out.
- To make an examination or investigation; inquire: phoned to check on the departure time; checked into the rumor.
- To write a check on a bank account.
- To undergo cracking in a pattern of checks, as paint does.
- To place a chess opponent’s king in check.
- To pause to relocate a scent.
- To abandon the proper game and follow baser prey.
- To block or impede an opposing player carrying the puck in ice hockey.
- To settle one’s bill and leave a hotel or other place of lodging.
- To withdraw (an item) after recording the withdrawal: check out books.
- To record and total up the prices of and receive payment for (items being purchased) at a retail store: The cashier checked out and bagged my order.
- verb - to look carefully at or over
There are 5 letters in CHECK: C C E H K
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to CHECK
To search all scrabble anagrams of CHECK, to go: CHECK?
Rearrange the letters in CHECK and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of CHECK
What's nearby CHECK
Lookup in Wiki for CHECK
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of CHECK, do not miss the additional links under "More about: CHECK"